Ahoy! Here there be spoilers. You've been warned.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

Hi. My name's Katie, and I'm a repressed gamer.

I used to come home from school every day and play the game of my choice. In elementary school, I loved Super Mario RPG. In high school, it was an hour or so of Animal Crossing, usually followed by Legend of Zelda. In university, I loved Baten Kaitos and other RPGs.

That's when I entered the world of working full time, and my gamery went and hid in a tiny hole, only to resurface once every few months or so.

But no longer.

I've decided to start having fun again. And maybe, while playing these games and beating them and writing about them, I'll learn that productivity comes in many different forms, not limited to paying bills or doing chores. It also comes in the form of relaxation and enjoying oneself, and potentially screaming at the television set until a blood vessel pops somewhere in your brain. I don't think the latter has happened yet.

So my New Year's resolution, which I couldn't think of for a good three months, has come a little late, but my plan is to beat no fewer than ten video games this year. For some of you, that may be laughably easy. But keep in mind that:

A. I suck at video games.
B. I haven't played a great volume of video games in YEARS.
C. I'm one of those douchebags who plays about half a video game, gets stuck at one part, screams copiously and may not come back to the video game ever again, oftentimes selling the game for cheap on Kijiji in rage retaliation.

So far this year, I have beaten, uh. One game. But hey, you've gotta start somewhere, right?

1. Fragile Dreams for the Wii
2. Pokemon Black for the DS
3. Eternal Sonata for the XBox 360
4.-10. God only knows.

I have enough games sitting around that I should be able to get all 10 out of current ones.

Also, I can't play through and beat games I've previously beaten, because that's cheating.

One last thing before I get to the rage-fueled geekery drivel interesting stuff. This blog is entitled Spoiler Alert. As such, you should, you know, be expecting spoilers. If you don't like spoilers, then I suggest you don't read the article unless you've played through the game I'm talking about. I cannot stress this enough. The blog title has warned you. There will be spoilers. Many spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment